Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Religious Beliefs/The Prophecy of Satan

I wrote the following post and then hid it... I felt like I sounded like too much of a fanatic-fruitcake-new-agey-cheezeball.

I am posting it because it shows my state of mind:

Written 1:38 PM Sept 7, 2005

I am Unitarian (Unitarian Universalist AKA UU), always have been, always will be. Even when I told myself and others that I was Christian, I still thought like a UU. I believe that different people from different times and different places came up with wonderful, informative stories to explain life, the way things are, and the meaning of it all. Perhaps a higher power(s) are an invention by these story tellers, I like to believe that a higher power exists, but even if it doesn't, the fact that people from every corner of the world find it necessary to explain, understand, or deny the existance of a higher power is in itself, devine :)

What is nice about being Unitarian is people don't tell you you are wrong for what you believe. You can be Muslim-Unitarian, Christian-Unitarian, Pagan-Unitarian, even Athiest-Unitarian! You can also just be ?-Unitarian :) God bless Unitarians.

I am pretty much Pagan-Unitarian. I have faith in the rhythms and cycles of nature, and when I am not depressed I get a strong sense of a devine presence- I call that presence "God" or "The Universe", and sometimes I call it "Love" or "Mother Nature." Lately I have been craving spiritual guidance, someone to explain principles of the universe to me, but I wasn't running across any that could assist me in growing as a spiritual person becuase they required too much "suspension of disbelief" something I can maintain for a 2 hour movie, but not for a lifetime.

A passenger last month came on to the plane and said "I left some Journals" I thought he meant personal journals and so I said "...I was hoping to read them" he didn't realize my misunderstanding and gave me two of them, "parabola", a multi-faith religion journal, and "tricycle" a Buddist journal. I have always been fond of the Buddist things I have run accross, but reading this journal was very exciting to me, becuase it described things I already think, but had names for them! I turn everything into a spiritual practice. Even housekeeping has religious implications in my mind!

The most exciting thing is the excercises in mind-dicipline! I have noticed that sometimes I get in this wonderful state that is very powerful and beautiful. When I am in this state I feel very solid, and love and goodness comes flowing out of me as if I am a conduit of Nature's goodness, "God's Hands" if you will. What exites me about Buddism is it has NAMES for different mindstates, and tools on how to achieve them :) I just purchased a beginner's guide by Thich Nhat Hanh, he is so awesome, he had the best response to the tragedy of 9/11 of anyone.

So get ready kids, I plan to write flowery posts about songbirds and tranquil gardens! Soon I will be changing my name to Sunbeam! Be ready!

mood: tired! 4 hours sleep last 2 nights!

The freaky thing: This was all predicted by SATAN!

Satan said...

Alcohol is the lubricant of writers, Dope is for actors, ... is for people with anxiety disorders. Whatever your poison, use with care!

Diana Crabtree said...

...trancendental meditation?...

Satan said...

definately use with care... it's awesome but who wants to end up as one of those wishy-washy spirtual types.

Diana Crabtree said...

yeah, they have such scattered energy. Their auras are so translucent, not opaque like a person with balanced chakras. I want to tell those people "get a rose quartz would ya?"


Satan said...

LMAO

I really feel what you're saying Man you're like so in touch with the ebb and flow of the universe and everything MAN like totally Wow. yeah, rose quartz is cool, like when you hold it up to the sun and it's like, you know, rose, yeah, the sun inside a rose in the sun, like Wow.

Diana Crabtree said...

Woah! You just blew my mind!

Right now I feel the same way as when I have an amethyst held above my third eye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Backed By Diller's IACI, Ask Jeeves Preps European Expansion
Now Backed By Diller's IACI, Ask Jeeves Preps European Expansion : Single-digit rankings in today's heated search environment doesn't cut it for a general search engine and it isn't enough for Ask Jeeves, ...
This is cool stuff, keep it up! If you could use more energy to get through the day, please have a look at my site about natural energy drinks...

G3T Films said...

Hey Sunbeamarama

Like totally WOW man, like whoa-a-wow-and-stuff. You've totally become, like, you know, like, a buddhist-unitarian-sunbeam-tree-hugger.

Can I put flowers in your hair? ...I mean nostil ...I mean pants... like wow.

Diana Crabtree said...

Twinkle,

(I call you twinkle because you are like, so cosmic man!)

I just woke up from my nap

"...as if I am a conduit of Nature's goodness, "God's Hands" if you will."

Oy! The things I will admit to thinking about when I have had 4 hours of sleep!

-Sunbeam

Anonymous said...

Frutavida ABCepower profitsFrutavida ABC and epower profits items

G3T Films said...

Hey Diana

Well, I had written a whole comment but I couldn't get the words quite right, so...

I'm glad you put this back up... but I love your more than 4 hours sleep version below.