Friday, September 02, 2005

Freedom Monopoly

I have a French Monoply game.

I was setting the real estate up and was frustrated that it didn't have color blocks to identify the "neighborhoods", so I had to read each property name and match it up to the ones on the board.

IMG_7853

Before putting the game away I decided to use crayons and create the colored blocks myself, it was just too much work to set up if I had to match each card individually to the board. My roommate helped. We created a system where once a color had been used we put the crayon off to the side so we didn't accidentaly use the same color twice.

IMG_7860

My roommate asked "What does 'Hypothequee' (the word on the cards) mean?" I said "I don't know, maybe it says 'Real Estate'"

IMG_7856

MORTGAGE! "Hypothequee" means Mortgage! We had colored in the mortgage sides of the cards! Had I come up with the novel idea of turning the cards over I would have seen the color blocks were indeed there! I only had one beer, and that was hours ago!

I don't know what to say about this. I had clues, 1 of the 4 "Gares" (Railroads) looked different than the other 3, it was turned the other way! I just figured one of them had the info about if you own 1, 2, 3, or 4 railroads for all of them. There was the clue of course that they all said "Hypothequee" on them. There was the clue that when you are looking for something, try BOTH SIDES of the card! I just don't know what to say!

mood: very, very amused!

1 comment:

G3T Films said...

I've been drinking (heavy spirits, beer, wine, you name it) from 6am until now (10:45pm)... You can imagine the trouble I've had today... it's not colours.


Ha ha - Great story.