Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Format Change

My blog is my diary, I love posting it publicly because I can imagine someone who experiences the same things might read it, and hopefully feel less alone. Since it is a diary it is a different format than many blogs, so I think I am going to stop having comments for a couple of reasons.

The number one reason is I am a terrible blog visiter. I have a difficult time managing everything in my life, and having the pressure to visit other blogs, because they are so kind to visit mine, it's too much for me to bear. I believe it is blog ettiquite to visit other people's blogs, and I don't want to add that pressure to my life.

Another reason is I am tender, and this is my diary. If I got a comment like "your a bitch for cheating on your boyfriend" or if someone pointed out that I always hate my roommates I would be tremendously hurt, and would likely start censoring myself. In the past I have been criticised on my blog and it broke my heart. I think I am in such a tender place in my life, I want to turn of comments not because I think I will be criticised, but so I don't have to feel worried about being criticized.

I really will miss the nice words I have recieved. They would always put a smile on my face :) I want to thank KansasSunflower, DreamWriter, and especially LavenderDawn who have been commenting and making me feel validated. I hope I can visit your blogs and make you feel just as good :)

No comments: