Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I am SOOO LUCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I got to go second, I got to get it over with right away. I also had the privledge of being a recipient of constructive critisism "if you mention an art movement- briefly explain it" instead of being after constructive criticism, and expected to integrate the critcism on the spot.

Lucky, lucky me, I was up to par. People even seemed impressed. I don't mean to be negative, but it could be that they were surprised, assuming I was shy or inarticulate, because often, well, I am.

I am so glad we arent recieving grades, because I would be rewarded for my disrespectful skim job. This isn't material I have to memorize in order to pass a test. This is a creation that someone put their soul and emotions into. I am being blessed with the honor of introducing the work the artist toiled over, and helping the audience understand the message the artist intended to send. I am actually pleased that I did what I did, because I learned a VALUABLE lesson! I must not, ever EVER do this on a real tour. I must be completely prepared. I am glad I recorded the details of my torment, so I may revisit them when I am considering furthur procrastination.

I was rewarded though. We passed Derek in one of the galleries. Our eyes met and I got a delicious SURGE of adrenaline. That can't be chemistry. He is too far away for me to smell any pheremones. Regardless, I was high on that shot through my chest for nearly five minutes. prrrrrrrrr

mood: tired, relieved, LUCKY!

7 comments:

OG said...

CONGRATULATIONS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.
lookachu, impressing them and all. hehe.
and yay! for derek and pheremones
=)

SpiderSolitaire said...

Ok, I traveled into enemy territory for this. Ok, know how I said he had a counter & stuff, well, since I knew what yours looked like now, I went back to his site & looked for his. I found it. I went to that site, it's really, really cool & way more advanced than what I saw on yours. http://www.statcounter.com/
& I am so proud of you! I knew you would do great!!!

Diana Crabtree said...

thanks for the tip (bad you for how you found it!) I will check it out!

Diana Crabtree said...

No, I am not in bed yet. (reading e-mail from "Kareem") tee hee

Jay said...

That's not all luck, lots of that is skill.

SpiderSolitaire said...

He's looking at my blog! I think she is too, but I know for a fact that he is. I will admit to you I'm slightly happy, but not sure why... Anyway, haha, I love this new thing!

Diana Crabtree said...

Thanks everyone for the support, but dont encourage my bad behavior!

Jay, thanks for commenting, even if you are encouraging my bad behavior! :)