Tuesday, May 08, 2007

First Date

I am on my way to my first online personals date.

My instincts are already telling me no. He keeps using the word "zen" to describe Buddhism. He said in an e-mail "There are many kinds of Zen" I even corrected him indirectly by saying "Have you ever explored any other branches of Buddhism besides Zen? Like Tibetan Buddhism or Theravada Buddhism?" I don't think it worked.

He also told me he was going to wear a wig, an obvious joke, and I said, "what kind of wig are you going to wear?" and that was his cue to say "I was thinking a big red afro" or something, instead he said "I was joking." UH, just writing this I don't even want to go on this date. Oh well

I think it might be hasty to decide no without meeting them, but no, I don't mean that, this date is going to suck.

Wish me luck!

No comments: