Thursday, June 28, 2007

Anxiety Depression Link

This is exactly why I post my diary online. Because there are things that I discover along the way that could help someone else going through the same things.

I have learned that pressuring myself to do something doesn't work, but I am observing how much this is true.

This morning I had to leave at 8:55AM, and I couldn't get myself to get out of bed, even at 8:49, and I desperately needed a shower. I knew at that moment I was feeling depressed, and that disappoints and confuses me (I am tapering an anti anxiety medicine, not anti depressant)

So I thought about calling in sick. I knew that if I did it right away I would be calling 2 hours prior to my showtime and so would not get a miss-trip. Well then I realized, 2 hours? But I only need one hour to get to work, I didn't have to leave until 9:55!

My depression was suddenly gone, I was able to get out of bed. I was unable to get out of bed 1 minute ago when I was feeling anxious, but once the anxiety was gone, I was able to get up! So the anxiety and depression are closely linked! Maybe I need to relax myself during depressed times and the depression may lift.

"Why Zebra's dont get Ulcers" is a great book that touches on this connection.

Okay, I now have 10 minutes before I need to go- but no pressure!

No comments: