Friday, June 01, 2007

Still Here!

(Sent to Family and Friends via e-mail)

Guess what Everyone!

I got stuck in Entebbe! I was 100% sure I would be able to get on, and I didn't! A mechanic for Air Canada was trying to get on too, and we chatted, he told me his wife and him were starting a resort and I said "I will stay there tonight" come to find out it isn't finished yet, and they arent charging me! They are both really cool and I love their kids and pets. The resort is amazing! I am having so much fun!

The day before yesterday I went to the Botanical Gardens in Entebbe. After I paid and walked in a man came after me and told me he was a volunteer tour guide for the garden. I was pleased to have someone explain things to me, and he did. I got to eat cinnamon bark right off the tree and videotape large shy monkeys. It was great. At the end of the walk the man told me that it is customary for me to pay him. I said "how much?" he said "only 10,000 shillings (like $6) I gave him 2,000 shillings (it cost 3,000 only to get into the park) and he said "no thats not enough." I told him no, since he didn't tell me at the beginning. maybe I should heve continued to be a volunteer tour guide at the Walker, and at the end inform everyone that they had to give me $15.

I am hoping that I, and my new friend John will be able to leave here on the next flight to London, on the 2nd. If not, I will see you all in a week or so!

XOXOXO
Diana

No comments: