Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Rght Direction

I think that my realization that I was dwelling on my crabbiness and misery and making it worse has done me some good. I still have done my share of laying in bed with my computer on my lap, but eventually I was up and cleaning my house. I cleaned the bathroom, kitchen and living room, and now I am finally tackling my bedroom.

My therapist told me that you can't unlearn what you have learned. It makes sense. I may have flirted with the idea that I am unloveable and a failure, but now that I am aware that that is untrue, I wasn't able to hold onto it for long. I eventually had to admit to myself that I am not a loser, but in fact very smart and tenatious, and that I will cope with the increased anxiety, I will be imperfect, but it is time that I learned that that is inevitable.

Wish me luck that I finish cleaning my room. My instincts say I will :)

No comments: