Saturday, August 06, 2005

If it looks like a brothel, if it smells like a brothel, it must be Diana's bedroom.

This is day 2 of my exceptionally late-spring cleaning marathon. My bedroom is furnished but I haven't moved in many items. I don't know if I wrote this but my goal is to move things from my roommate's old room into my room as I use them, and then a week later evaluate if I need the things that haven't been used yet. I am so tired of cleaning every week instead of excercising or being creative, I am at a turning point when it comes to owning shit. I wrote a few weeks ago that I wish I could walk away and start fresh, well I am basically choosing to do that. I am getting rid of as much as I can, my goal is half of my belongings. I am just so tired of managing it all.

One of the things I chose to get rid of was a bottle of sparkly rose scented body wash. I liked this body wash because when you spray yourself with it your skin sparkles. I have sprayed this on a curtain or a sheet, it looks pretty and smells nice. Well I wanted to get rid of the bottle once and for all, so I sprayed it on a wall in my bedroom.

I did hope it would make my room smell rosy, since I had sprayed it on curtains before, I knew it had a more subtle smell than perfume. But the rose smell is pretty strong! Maybe cloth absorbs some of the smell, and the wall doesn't. At least it smells nice and fresh, not like spoiled perfume.

My sister's boyfriend gave me some Chinese lanterns after I told her I wanted them, my goal being a room that looks like a brothel. Now I will have a bedroom that looks AND smells like a brothel. Too bad it doesn't sound like one.

mood: tired, a little stir crazy

PS Day 3 of no caffeine (except for the cappucino mix I used as creamer for decaf coffee, I realized it had caffiene but drank it anyway)

29 comments:

Radin said...

Hope you settle with it soon. Cleaning and moving, God I hate.

Diana Crabtree said...

Thanks R. I hate them too, but its been surprisingly enjoyable since I am not being rushed :)

G3T Films said...

It's amazing how with a few chinese lanterns you can go from this to this

Diana Crabtree said...

Was that you snapping pictures in my bedroom last night?

G3T Films said...

Only in my dreams ; )

Diana Crabtree said...

you devil

Where are you? are you at work ghost hunting?

G3T Films said...

Yep!

Diana Crabtree said...

Lucky me! (except I have to leave in 20 or so)

G3T Films said...

I can almost hear the sarcasm dripping off that 'Lucky me!'.

Diana Crabtree said...

If sarcasm means giddy schoolgirl

G3T Films said...

LMAO - Going weak at the knees, Huh?

Diana Crabtree said...

OK don't over do it

G3T Films said...

Ha ha! I'm only kidding...

Off to have a big night out?

Diana Crabtree said...

Yes, a big night out at work

G3T Films said...

Ahhhh, that's sounds like fun : )

Diana Crabtree said...

Yeah your just jealous that you arent...oh, never mind

G3T Films said...

Hehehe. Well, I hope you have fun anyway : )

Diana Crabtree said...

You too, why do you have to be there tonight?

G3T Films said...

It's 10:45am here.

Diana Crabtree said...

but it's still sunday. Fine, why do you have to be there today?

G3T Films said...

Tis monday morning, the weekend is over, the alcohol has all been drunk, the sleep-ins have been had and another week is grinding into action.

Diana Crabtree said...

It's not monday morning!

I don't believe you

G3T Films said...

Don't worry, it happens!

Diana Crabtree said...

I always thought we were talking on the same day!

G3T Films said...

I'm talking to you from the future, cool huh?

Diana Crabtree said...

I have to go, Can I talk to you on tuesday :)

G3T Films said...

*Hugs* Hope you have a great evening.

Whose Tuesday??

Diana Crabtree said...

:P Byeeeeeeeeeee <------schoolgirl bye

Diana Crabtree said...

OG is back!

*happy dance*
*happy dance*
*happy dance*