Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Zeitgeist Movie

I love laughing at conspiricy theories. I was instructed to watch "Zeitgiest, the movie" and I assumed it was a movie about religion. It is, and it's about 911, and its about banks. I am watching it right now.

Here is the thing. It all makes a lot of sense. I am very attuned to manipulative propoganda, yet somehow the maker of the documentary has earned my trust. I think this quote did it :

"That being said, It is my hope that people will not take what is said in the film as the truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized."

I hate that I am too lazy to look up any of this stuff on my own. I hate it because it's probably true, and if I did the work of looking it up I could verify or disprove it, so since I am not doing the research, I can just float in the comfortable cloud of doubt, which can equally be called DENIAL. Denial that my civil liberties are being eroded, and have been eroded.

And Obama is going to be assasinated (thats not in the movie.) This is my prediction.

One thing that is on my mind while watching this is the power of films to expose the truth. No, I am not talking about documentaries. I am talking about fiction. Movies like "The Matrix" and "V for Vendetta" (oops! I just realized they are made by the same people! LOL!) Can illustrate scary, scary, mindblowing truths in a way that can alter a person's understanding of reality while fooling them into believing they are being entertained, and while fooling the people being described that it's "just a movie."

You could say the same thing about books. Books are for sure MORE powerful than movies, but uneducated people dont read books. Uneducated people are easier to manipulate to gain power, so a movie is a good medium to counter the message.

I need to get some of my intelligent friends to watch it, see if they laugh at me for liking it. I am not saying it's a well made film, but I like how much it's making me think.

It's very possible I am a dork, I saw this documentary while I was tired and "open" to messages that take a small amount of truth and expand on them into a wild convoluded theory, but even if thats true, there are definate truths in this. And Americans are too blisfully distracted by TV and luxury to examine them. (And BTW, I am not doubting the tying of the Jesus story to the pagan stuff, i have believed that for years)

Watch it, just for fun. Feel free to send me an e-mail of your opinion.

UPDATE: Woah! I just saw the quote "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will no peace" attributed to Sri Chinmoy Ghose, who I read about in Runners world as being a kooky cult leader! Bad move Zeitgiest dude, to align yourself with an immoral kook, and to probably have the wrong person given credit for the awesome quote (though awesome quotes can be written by cult leaders"

UPDATE 2: I like the way I wrote about it on Myspace. People should watch "Zeitgeist, the movie" as science fiction. 1984 is science fiction, though it is very valid and important.

UPDATE 3: I watched this movie on 4-20 HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

No comments: