Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I Want Drugs! Is That Bad?

Dec 4, 2007


Current mood:blah

After waiting the weekend with no call from the doctor, I called on Monday and asked my diagnosis. I may not have let on, but hearing the rapid strep test was negative scared me a little, if I don't have a common throat infection- what is it? Something rare? Something serious? Being tested for Mono didn't help my fears.

The doctor said it was a virus. Which means I would be getting no antibiotics, I'd just have to wait it out. As I type this I am feeling a lot better, I have eaten solid food for 2 days, but it has been up and down, one hour I'm fine, the next I want to die, and the HEADACHES!

I certianly don't want to contribute to the development of drug-resistant germs, so I will take my sentance, er, diagnosis, in stride, but it sure would be comforting to take a pill that would kill any invaders hiding somewhere in me, spreading the discomfort out, and slowing me down longer. But besides gargling more apple cider vinegar, there is nothing I can do, so I will take my advil and shut up.

The one thing I can say is I am grateful I called in sick to work. Friday on, I had every intention of going, but as the days approached, I didn't have the renewed vigor I was hoping for. And this morning when I woke up, I knew I made the right choice. I have to go back on Thursday, and that even worries me a little, but I cant stay home forever, so I guess I'll have to suck it up.

No comments: