Sunday, November 02, 2008

Hey! Where's my parade?

I feel proud of myself, I went to workout tonight. I don't think I mentioned it here, but I am in a study about breast cancer, where I am supposed to exercise 5 days a week and let them take my blood and stuff. I was doing very, very well until this week, where I drank 3 out of 7 nights. Not only did I drink 3 out of 7 nights I got my work schedule wrong and had to go to work on a day I thought I had off. I only had 2 workouts in for the week, and I had given up, deciding I would just start a new week fresh tomorrow.

But then I saw it. I was finding TV online and I learned that "The Pickup Artist" had a second season. I absolutely loved the first season, so I was excited, but when I turned it on, there were beautiful young girls in a swimming pool. On Halloween I didn't feel I met an acceptable quota of men flirting with me, or glances, and I am at a very high weight, and feeling a bit old. Seeing those girls reminded me of what needs to be done. I started gathering my stuff and left for the gym.

I only had time to get 1 & 1/2 workouts in, so I settled for one. I felt tired, and it was late, I didn't know if half a workout would count, so I am just calling it a loss and came home to rest, to have a good week, perhaps with 7 workouts instead, to make up for this week.

I got home, expecting a parade, including guys wearing fezs, driving tiny little cars, but no such luck. The only reward I get is knowing I gave up, but changed my mind, and decided I deserve better, and worked out. I suppose thats good enough. Though I like those little cars.

No comments: