Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ima big shot

I am at a hotel about to head to bed.

Today I went to a union steward training class, and I went out to a restauraunt afterwards with the group, a lawyer paid for our meals, and good thing...I think mine must have come to $60!!!

I chatted with a Union bigwig who's nephew is a well known Senator. He liked me because I didn't kiss up quite as much as everyone else, and I asked him advice on how to order a meal from a crazy restauraunt that charges for asparagus what I would pay for an entire meal at my kind of restaurant. The union leaders seemed very impressed. They raved about how they loved me. I enjoyed that.

Bigwig was very persistant that I contact this guy in my home state about a political organization he is starting. I know to succeed in life its not what you know its who you know, and I just got one hell of a contact, but I do NOT CARE to follow up. I will though, because I think it would offend him if I didn't (and I will see him at the next union things)

What a night. I have my opinions about one of the Vice Chairs of the union, and it's fair to say that the group is a little wild and crazy, but I want to see if I can get past the judgement and personality differences, and work together towards the greater cause, making my company a better place to work.

I don't know how I feel right now. I feel a little wary, like I am going to be pushed to be more involved than I want (this happened in my political incarnation of my life) It's really a compliment that I get pushed like that, it means people see something in me, but I need to know how to assert my limits.

What a night. A fun one, I can say that much at least.

mood: very uncertian

No comments: