Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pride

I was giving advice on how to go from being depressed to being not depressed, and I forgot a very important thing! Praise! Praise, praise, praise!

When you are getting something accomplished, or have accomplished something, praise yourself...alot! Don't tell yourself "I should have finished this months ago" just congratulate yourself!

I painted the bathroom! It looks muuuuuuuch better. When I moved in,there was mold growing on the walls, they had cracks, and the walls were greying. Now the walls are a nice, bright white :)

The house is still TRASHED, but at least the bathroom is done. Everything is back where it should be, the fixtures are back and the decorations are back up. Cleaning up the rest should be a less stressful job, it can be done a little at a time, and it wont interfere with hygiene (I had to sponge bath myself in my empty, curtianless shower.)

So WAY TO GO DIANA! I did it! I did it! I did it! When I finished the living room, I decided I didn't want to paint any other rooms, but when I felt the satisfaction of doing it, and saw how it spruced up the living room, I wanted to do the bathroom. Now I feel like I don't want to paint another room, but I will bet you anything I will want to do the kitchen sooner or later!

The house looks better. I believe that a beautiful enviornment reduces stress, so I think the work was well worth it. I am very proud of myself!

No comments: